- An accomplished drummer and teacher with over 12 years experience.
- Regularly play’s full kit, Cajon, Djembe and Congas.
- Over 6 years successful teaching experience in schools, privately and as a workshop facilitator.
- Wide ranging experience in originals bands, function bands and recording sessions.
- Able to give constructive creative input into my work and enjoy being part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and love a challenge.
- With a versatile background spanning Latin, Rock, Folk, Funk, Hip-Hop, Acoustic, Jazz, Metal, Punk, Indie, D&B, Electronica, Reggae, Ska and DubStep, Kerry bring’s a sense of innovation and fun into the projects he’s part of.
- The skills that Kerry has acquired in the music industry allow him to teach drums to students in an exciting and vibrant way.
- Working with students who have wide ranging abilities has consistently enabled him to be flexible in his work.
- Believe’s every student that wants to learn the drums can, when taught in an engaging, responsive and enthusiastic manner.
- (BA. Hons) Drums and Contemporary Music – The Academy of Contemporary Music Higher Diploma Contemporary Music and Drums – The Academy of Contemporary Music (Tutors included industry professionals Pete Riley, Mike Sturges, Stewart Roberts and John Duff).
- AS and A2 Levels in Music Technology – Stanground College Peterborough SKILLS – Improvisation – Sight reading – Transcription – Composition.
Employment, teaching and touring:
- 2011- present:
- All Sorts Of Music – Kent – Teaching drums for students of all ages and abilities.
- Make Time For Music – Kent – Teaching drums for year 1 – 13 students.
- Andrew Parry Music – Kent – Teaching drums for students of all ages and abilities; Building confidence in all students; Development of problem solving skills; Development of courage and character; Development of social and communication skills; Developing the ability to function as a team or group; To provide music education in a fun, engaging and accessible way; Showing students that hard work can be fun.
- Private Drum tuition across London and Kent – 2008 – present: Lessons for private pupils in their homes, private studio and in schools; Teaching Rock School and Trinity drum grades Education Guidance Department at the Academy Of Contemporary Music – 2015 – 2016; Supporting students with learning difficulties and Autism Spectrum Disorder; Learning support for theory and practice; Encouraging autonomy Workshops on behalf of the ACM at schools and colleges around the UK – 2008 – 2009; Conducting masterclasses for groups and individuals to develop their skills in drumming, performing and song writing; Adding value to the existing music curricula in the areas of performance, rehearsal, song writing techniques; Giving the students a taste of what is required to be a working musician.
- Venues include: Shepherds Bush Empire, O2 Indigo, Birmingham Carling Academy, The Roundhouse, Boston Music Rooms, China White, The Underbelly, The Hootenanny, Proud Camden, SUB89 ,The Soul Cellar, The Big Chill Bar, The O2 Oxford, The Volks, The Cobden Club, The Boileroom, Club Hidden, The 333 Mother Bar, The Bedford, The Albany, The Purple Turtle, SILO16 (Germany), Komedia (Brighton), Bad Format (Liverpool) The Beaverworks (Leeds), The Jamm (London), The Metal Works (London) , Flex, Vienna, (Austria), Cross Club, Prague (Czech Republic), Corsica Studio’s (London), Sektor Evolution, Dresden (Germany) Festivals include: Glastonbury Festival, Rhythms Of The World Festival, Kendal Calling, Boomtown Fair, Mannifest , Greenman Festival, Shambala Festival, Aeon Festival, Beach Breaks, Secret Garden Party, Sunrise Festival, Guildfest, Wychwood Festival Waveform Festival, Nibley Festival, Beat-Herder Festival, Small World Festival, Newfoundland Festival, Grassroots Festival.
- Coda; The Jar Family; Chainska Brassika; The Mighty Leap; Dead Parrot Sketch; Free Peace; Cold Fever; Molly Smitten-Downes.
- Three month contract in Malaysia – Resorts World Genting; Six nights a week in exclusive members performance venue; Extensive repertoire of 300 songs including jazz standards and funk instrumentals; Re-arrangements of popular songs Function Bands – Include; Stereo Soul; Ashley Davis Trio; Amy Eftekhari Trio; Funk Faction; Duke Boxx; Jump Up; Back Too My Roots Reputable Artists – Include: Marcella Detroit (Shakespears Sister / Eric Clapton); Keith Wilkinson (Squeeze / Jools Holland Big Band); Phil Ryan (The Animals); Kenny Jones (The Small Faces); Paul Carrack (Mike And The Mechanics); Molly Smitten-Downes (Eurovision).
- Ford Motor Company; Part of band put together to play instruments made out of car parts on national PR and live performance campaign; Recorded downloadable charity single at The Farm Studio. Produced by Mike Rutherford (Genesis) hosted on The Times website for The Teenage Cancer Trust. Appeared in national and regional media coverage including Sunday Times, Mirror, BBC Breakfast, CNN, Metro, Observer, Mirror, Daily Telegraph, Sun, Evening Standard, Mail on Sunday.
- Sphere Studios, producer Francesco Cameli; Maida Vale (BBC Studios); Album for Jar Records at Sawmills Studio, producer John Cornfield; Second Album for Jar Records at Sawmills Studio, Producer John Cornfeild; Third Album for Jar Records at Monnow Valley Studios.